To use any part of the Twitch developer ecosystem, you first need to authenticate.
Twurple uses a concept named Authentication Providers to provide different kinds of tokens to the other parts of the application.
You can choose between different ways to authenticate:
- To only ever use a single token determined at instantiation time, check out Using a static token.
(This is mostly useful for quick prototyping and not suitable for production apps.)
- If you want to run something more long-term, you may be interested in auto-refreshing tokens.
- If you run an application that doesn't have any for of user login to access user-specific data, you can exclusively use app tokens.
- If you are building a Twitch Extension frontend, there's an Extension auth provider too.
- If you have special requirements, you can write your own provider by implementing the AuthProvider interface.